November 2006 Monthly Newsletter

To the Bible Quizzing Family,

I’d like to thank John Raygor and the rest of the Raygor family for the fantastic arrangements they made for the Heartland Tournament. It was a very uplifting time. We saw some pretty amazing quizzes throughout the tournament, and especially for the championships, where we saw good jumping, solid answers, and relatively few errors. From my perspective, the tournament was characterized by friendship, comradery, good sportsmanship, and Christ-like attitudes. It was good just to be a part of it.

The tournament standings have been posted on the Bible Quizzing website for some time now at yfcquizzing.novinger.net. I’m including them here as well in case you haven’t seen them. For the record, I’d like to mention that when the winners were announced at the tournament, David Nichols’ name was overlooked, but he was tied for 4th place in the Varsity League. Congratulations to David and all the other winners, and to everyone who participated even if you didn’t take home any hardware. You don’t lose when you end up with God’s Word hidden in your heart.

The Crown College Tournament is coming soon, so A/B League quizzers need to start thinking about it. This is a good tournament, and I would like to see a lot of us attend. So come to the December quiz prepared to sign up if you are going, and with a pretty good idea of who your teammates and coach will be. We need to get all of the arrangements taken care of that day. Here are some details to get you started; get the word out to everyone you are "responsible for".

Our next quiz meet is coming up on December 9, at 1:00pm at Emmanuel Baptist Church. Points earned in this meet will be multiplied by 140% when accumulated for the year. The A/B League will be quizzing over Acts chapters 9-10, and the Little League over Acts chapter 5. Beginning with this quiz, there will be "old questions", taken from material covered in previous months.

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns, etc. Thank you for your support of Bible Quizzing.

Karl Kirkman
Bible Quizzing Director

November Little League Team and Individual Standings
November A/B League Team and Individual Standings